Michael J. Hraba
445 Lawton Street, #3 Â§ San Francisco, CA 94122 Â§ 650-523-6122 Â§ email@example.com
Hraba Hospitality Consulting, San Francisco, CA 2008 â€“ Present
President & CEO
- Hraba Hospitality Consulting provides consulting services and expertise to eco resorts, green hotels, historic boutique hotels and NPS lodges to support the growth and development of new and existing properties. Select clients include the Post Ranch Inn, The Lodge at the Golden Gate – Cavallo Point, and the Allison Inn & Spa.
- Consult with clients to affordably maximize their propertyâ€™s pre-opening success through budgeting, sourcing FFE, Tech, & OSE.
- Consult with clients to maximize their propertyâ€™s exposure via media outlets, and online marketing opportunities including creation, management, optimization, and promotion of different social and viral media campaigns.
- Create a simple, affordable, and concise internet marketing strategy to help hotels build a stronger web presence, and guarantee a high return from links that direct traffic to the hotelâ€™s website and online booking.
Passport Resorts, San Francisco, CA 2005 â€“ 2008
Project Manager, The Lodge at the Golden Gate – Cavallo Point
- Operational project manager responsible for design and build of Cavallo Point Lodge (Fort Baker), 60–year NPS lease for $100M LEED compliant green–build eco-campus project. The property includes 142 rooms in 13 renovated historic/13 new lodging buildings, 7 historic common buildings featuring a high–end spa and tea bar, fine dining restaurant, lounge, retail, associated meeting space, and an Institute to host environmental conferences.
- Operational project management of historic retrofit and renovation, LEED build, and resort site development.
- Led team through install of FFE, technology, interiors, and assisting with all aspects of lodging and common space design, sourcing, and development.
- Acted as operational consultant for architects, landscapers, developers, vendors, sub–contractors, and the staff of the project as a whole.
- Organized and facilitated communication between equity partners and management team.
Carmel Mission Inn, Carmel, CA 2002 â€“ 2004
Front Office Manager / Interim A.G.M.
- Managed front office/reservations for this 165-room hotel with a staff of 20 employees including hiring, training, managing, scheduling, and terminating, as well as incentive programs.
- Responsible for employee and guest satisfaction, problem resolution, and guest satisfaction survey correspondence.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, yielding, controlling costs, and overseeing inventory of office items and products.
- Provided comprehensive knowledge of distribution channels and internet sales, marketing approaches and solutions.
- Group and Tour sale experience, SMERF and Corporate meeting bookings, travel/tour/FIT group booking and management. Responsible for increasing group business through site visits and sales trips to promote the property. Responsible for wedding contracts, group management and billing.
- Direct and manage banquet events including billing and staffing. Helped inventory and requisition liquor and food items.
Doubletree Fishermanâ€™s Wharf, Monterey, CA 2002 â€“ 2004
Acting Front Desk Manager / Assistant Front Desk Manager
- Departmental Shift Manager responsible for Front Desk, Concierge, Bell Stand, Valet, Parking Garage, Reservations, as well as Manager–on–Duty responsibilities for this 380-room hotel and banquet facilities.
- Responsible for managing 10-person front desk team; responsibilities included motivating, inspiring, organizational communication, sales, accounting, as well as requisitions, inventory, and scheduling.
- Managed a five–person PBX, 10–person bell staff, six–person valet, four–person garage, concierge, and provided coverage for managers in all other departments.
Wilshire Grand Hotel, Los Angeles, CA 2000 â€“ 2002
Manager, Point Moorea Bar and Grill
- Assisted with the grand opening of this restaurant and bar – a 2000 sq/ft. high–volume downtown LA nightclub/bar in the Four Diamond, Five Star Wilshire Grand Hotel and Centre.
- Managed requisitions, inventory, payroll, event booking, and organization.
- Acted as a communications liaison between associates, management, and unions.
Hotel Boulderado/Qâ€™s, Boulder, CO 1998 â€“ 2000
Food Expediter (1999 â€“ 2000), Banquet Manager (1999), Front Desk Supervisor / Agent (1998 â€“ 1999)
University of Colorado, Boulder Boulder, CO
Bachelor of Arts, Communication 1998